6 Reasons Co-working Spaces Are Good For Freelancers and Start-ups
Startups are cropping up in their numbers and to cut cost whiles blending into our fast paced business community, co-working office spaces have become the go to for convenience and networking. But one may ask why co-working spaces are a good boost for startups? Are they necessary at all? What impact do they have on startups? Is working from home not a better alternative?
As your business keeps growing, a shared office can become a viable option for your scaling team. A shared space, or co-working site, gives you the benefits of a centrally-located business at a much more affordable price than a traditional commercial office (with savings of up to 25%).
It is a good practice in business practice to keep expenses low, especially if you are just starting. If you need an office or command centre, but don’t have the money or energy to spend on all of the administrative duties that come with running an office, you’ll be interested in the benefits co-working offers:
1. Low cost for start-ups and freelancers To be economical and still use office spaces; co-working spaces offer freelancers and entrepreneurs the opportunity to work in a fully equipped office without worrying about the costs of setting up an actual office. By getting a shared space, you can operate your business without needing to compute and allocate funds for building rent, fire insurance, office equipment and various other expenses that come with starting a business.
In Ghana the average cost of renting a small office space or store alone (without electricity, water, insurance etc) costs a minimum of 400-500 cedis in the capital. Co-working spaces like that of ispacegh(ispacegh.com) offers coworking spaces with electricity, water, fire insurance, internet etc for less for community coworking space!
2. Separate Work From Home
It has been ascertained that working from home is not healthy for an entrepreneur or individual. You know that at one point you'll have disconnect and if work and home are at the same place it becomes impossible. it is bad for you, for your business, and for your home. Also you can get easily distracted with TV, children, spouse, pet etc and lose time and efficiency.
3. Networking opportunities Being part of a coworking community means you are surrounded by potential partners, high-achieving entrepreneurs, business people, clients, and mentors giving you the ability to easily outsource to great talents when you need help with specific projects or time-sensitive tasks.
Ispacegh has a huge community of developers and entrepreneurs from all works of life that would enable you access to benefiting from networking with one that would help build or push your business further towards your goal.
4. Central location For authenticity, your clients might want to visit your office. Meeting you at home or at a cafe wouldn't look good on you although you are a start-up and this wouldn't enable you access to certain types of clients. Your clients also do not have to have a hard time finding you. ispacegh is located in the heart of Accra's industrial area. Having a co-working space with them or belonging to their community allows you to use them as RSVP for any meetup with clients.
5. Promotes work-life balance ‘All work no play’ is a phenomenon you’ll never experience when in a shared office. Co-working spaces promote work-life balance by providing venues to de-stress and recharge during a day of work.
Aside from weekly social events, health and wellness activities are regularly held for the benefit of its members, such as health talks, screenings and routine exercise activities.
ispacegh also has a chill zone and gaming console for geeks to relax after a busy day or to cool off after accomplishing a milestone.
6. Avoiding Loneliness The life of an entrepreneur can be a lonely sometimes. It is known that isolation associated with entrepreneurship can have negative effects on ones mental well being. Interactions in a work environment are an important part of daily life.
Though you’ll be working on your own business, a coworking space surrounds you with like-minded people who have picked an independent lifestyle that matches yours which will leave you feeling energized, social, and happy.
Sometimes one may encountered self-doubt as a small business owner. at a co-working space, Surrounding yourself with fellow entrepreneurs allows you to push through moments like this. You can even use them as a sounding board for your ideas.
If you’re interested in finding a coworking space, or want to learn more contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0506556614
Below is a quick snippet of ispace Foundation.
When can you schedule for a tour of our space? Call us today :)